The SAP team within Cornwall Planning Group is managed by a leading SAP Assessor in the Country Chris Menear. Prior to joining the team at the Cornwall Planning Group Chris has delivered and trained various government staff in SAP Calculations. During Chris’s ten years working for Penwith District Council and Cornwall Council he has designed and delivered in excess of 800 calculations for new build and conversion properties. We have a very high experience in delivering;
1. Cost effective building to achieve Building Regulations.
2. Achieving a bespoke EPC rating through cost comparisons of renewable technology.
3. Flexible design approaches in existing buildings and barn conversions.
4. Comprehensive regulation knowledge in historic and present Approved Document L Regulations.
5. Highly glazed extensions which are not compliant with Approved Document L1b.
For highly glazed modern extensions that are not compliant with regulations we can carry out a notional and proposed energy assessments. This process is a complex process that will provide far more flexibility in proposed designs.
Through more complexity of the Building Regulations we recommend that prior to any planning applications being submitted, the SAP process is carried out to ensure insulation, heating and fabric u-values are all considered.